Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Amanda Freeman My Favorite Things Tutorial


Supplies Used:

Kit is called My Favorite things and was made by my good friend Justine. You can get it at Scrap it Sassy HERE

Tube is Amanda Freeman. She is available at PSP Asylum HERE

Filters:
Eyecandy 4000 (Gradient Glow)

Font:
Satisfaction (This is a PTU font but ant scripty font will do. If you want to purchase this font you can get it HERE)

So I really didn't mean to make this tag tonight. But I opened up the kit to see what I might make with it and it all kinda just came together. This is what happens when you have the perfect kit for the right tube :)

Open a new image. I started with 600 pixels but I did crop it down in the end.

C/P Wire heart 2. Resize by 75%. Dropshadow. I used 5,5,50,5.

C/P Frame. Resize by 50%.Position in the middle of your heart wire.
Ise your magic wand tool to select the inside of the frame. Selections, Modify, Expand by 5. New raster layer. C/P Paper 7. KEEP SELECTED! (You cant really see my paper cause of the tube I chose but if you use a different tube it will show more)

Add a new raster layer. There are 2 ways to do this depending on your tube. For the tube I used I C/P into selection. (If this doesn't work for your tube use the following. You do NOT need to add a new layer. While selected C/P your tube as a new layer. Position your tube. Then go to Selections, Invert. Delete.) Move your tube under your frame layer. Add drop shadow of choice to tube if desired.

Dropshadow frame. I used 5,5,50, 5.

C/P Glitter trail 2. Resize by 50%. I used my deform tool to make it follow the edge of the frame.

C/P Key. Resize by 50%. Position over glitter trail.

C/P Beaded String. Resize by 50%. Position over Key.

C/P Sticker 2. Use your magic wand tool to select just the white edge on the sticker. Adjust, Color Balance, Negative image. This should change just the outside of the sticker. If other parts are effects use your undo button. (Changing your tolerance will help with getting this on just the white) Resize by 50%. Use your deform tool to position. Mine is set between the 2 ends of the key. Dropshadow of choice.

C/P Skull 2. Resize by 50% Use your deform tool to move over one side of the heart in your sticker.

C/P Razorblade Chain. Resize by 50%. I took a bit of the chain off with my eraser tool so it wouldn't cover my tube. Position UNDER the glitter trail on the right side. Duplicate, Mirror, Flip. I positioned my so you can't see the heart is upside down. 

Select background layer. C/P Paintglitter. Resize by 50%. (I used my manual color correction because of the color of my tube But this is not necessary.) Duplicate, Flip.
C/P Glitter Trail. Resize by 50%. (Again I used manual color correction but this is not a necessary step.) Position on the right side of tag. Duplicate, Mirror, Move into position.

Add your copyright and watermark.

Type out your font and position. I used color #b42dd4. Convert to raster layer. Add inner bevel with these settings...

Then Gradient glow...
Tab 1...
Tab 2...

Dropshadow of choice.

Hope you enjoyed this tut :)

No comments:

Post a Comment